Many times I’ve sung the song “Above All,” and each time, the “trampled rose” imagery in the chorusimpactsme greatly.
“Crucified, laid behind a stone. You lived to die, rejected and alone. Like a rose trampled on the ground. You took the fall and thought of me above all.”
But lately I’ve been wondering – what does a trampled rose really look like? So I launched my crushed-rose experiment. Thanks to Geraldine’s wedding dinner, when I got my chance – took 2 roses from my table’s flower display.
I brought them home to my toilet, and ruthlessly crushed and trampled on them. Well to be honest, I was apprehensive at first. They’re perfectly good roses, and well, what did they ever do to deserve my abuse?
Always be full of joy in the Lord. Always be glad because of the Lord! Rejoice in the Lord always. Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him! I will say it again: REJOICE! (Philippians 4:4 - various versions)
Saturday, August 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment