Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. But what happened when he saw the crowds?
From various versions of the Bible, I combine Matthew 9:36
When he saw the crowds, he was moved with pity and sympathy for them. Fe felt compassion for them, because they were bewildered, harassed and distressed, dejected and helpless, dispirited. Their problems were so great and they didn't know where to go for help. So confused and aimless they were, like sheep with no shepherd.
I may feel sorry for people, have some sympathy for them, but great sympathy and compassion? I like The Message version of Mat 9:36 - When he looked out over the crowds, his heart b r o k e .
God, break my heart over the crowds. Amen.
Always be full of joy in the Lord. Always be glad because of the Lord! Rejoice in the Lord always. Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him! I will say it again: REJOICE! (Philippians 4:4 - various versions)
Friday, October 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment