Why do you choose to reach out to me? Why do you insist on holding on to me even when I've constantly turned awy from you? I've not done you proud. All I've ever been is rebellious and bitter. All I've ever said is "No." Yet you're still by my side. As if I can't ever shake you off. You really weren't joking when you said, " I will never leave you nor forsake you."
Wrote that last week and heard a song that expresses the exact same sentiments, only the songwriter put it so wonderfully: I Need You to Love Me (by BarlowGirl)
Why, why are You still with me?
Didn't You see what I've done?
In my shame I want to run and hide myself
But it's here I see the truth
I don't deserve You
Chorus:
But I need You to love me, and I
I won't keep my heart from You this time
And I'll stop this pretending that
I can somehow deserve what I already have
I need You to love me
I, I have wasted so much time
Pushing You away from me
I just never saw how much You could cherish me
Cuz You're a God who has all things
And still You want me
(Chorus)
Your love makes me forget what I have been
Your love makes me see who I really am
Your love makes me forget what I have been
(Chorus)
Always be full of joy in the Lord. Always be glad because of the Lord! Rejoice in the Lord always. Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him! I will say it again: REJOICE! (Philippians 4:4 - various versions)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment