skip to main | skip to sidebar

License to Chat


Blog Archive

Links

  • Cake Wrecks - horrible, hilarious cakes
  • Daily Word from Duranno
  • Funny exam answers
  • Good Morning Yesterday
  • Help the Hungry
  • Miraculous Lives
  • our history according to Lego
  • Talk Cock Sessions
  • Temasek Review
  • The Faith community

always re:Joyce

Always be full of joy in the Lord. Always be glad because of the Lord! Rejoice in the Lord always. Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him! I will say it again: REJOICE! (Philippians 4:4 - various versions)

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Pontini

Went to Pontini last night - lovely place that captured my heart last Dec when we went for the first time. The food was so yummy (burst of flavours!) and the service so impeccable, I felt like quitting my job to work there. The waiters really know what it means to wait (that's why they're called waiters - coz they wait on you). And they carry themselves with such dignity, they made me feel like royalty! To top it off, they were personal in their service, and helped me to arrange for a surprise for Ma's birthday, gave us free wine, and chatted with us. *swoon*

Well, back to last night's visit. Pity it was a different team of waiters, who were more business-like than personal. (Next time I go there, I'll call and ask who's waiting, and go only if our previous waiter is on duty.) Anyway, food was still good, so I'm happy. I only whipped out my camera at the last stage - the desserts, which I think are the best part.

Ma had the home-made gelatti (ie. ice cream). Hazelnut flavour - oh so fragrant and lovely!

I had the nougat parfait in warm bitter chocolate soup. (Anything with warm, dark chocoloate gets me!) The nougat parfait (the waitress described it like ice cream cake) was buttery smooth. If only the chocolate was really thick and bitter.
Posted by reJoyce at 9:42 am

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Labels

  • corny jokes (22)
  • reflections (45)
  • yum (13)

Other Blogs

  • Aunti Gek Cheng's beauty
  • Chel C
  • Duh Donnie
  • Eats from Emma the Elephant
  • Gee, Doc Gwen
  • Kay Ee
  • Lawrence
  • Mighty Mini Me
  • Mighty Warrior Ting
  • Nette Nette
  • Not squeezing blood from stone
  • Ruth's Roof
 

Blog Design by Gisele Jaquenod

Work under CC License

Creative Commons License