Tuesday, August 28, 2007

the BIG picture


Here we go, getting into the thick of action of doing the usual things that one is supposed to do as part of wedding preparations. Like getting a reno guy and discussing over false ceilings and the number of cupboards in the kitchen. And choosing a wedding gown (white or ivory?), doing a photo shoot (why my hair like that one? Why I look like air stewardess??!! I don't think I'll like the pictures!)....
"But you're forgetting the big picture, dear."
Huh? Big picture?
"That despite all these, I love you and we're gonna get married in December."
Yes, how easy it is to get stuck in the present and forget the big picture. Like the fact that I'm a human BEING and not a human doing. Or that the near and dear are still around me. And the fact that despite all the things that don't go well, there's a wonderful plan for me, designed by my Heavenly Father. And that I'm richly loved, richly blessed.

0 comments: