Saturday, October 06, 2007

Bosses!

Another belated post. This is about a really yummy lunch at Bosses cafe. The restaurant(don't let the name fool you!) overlooks the Sentosa causeway. A lovely view, and the only clue that this is Singapore is the marine equipment in the skyline.


The restaurant serves contemporary Chinese food - the new twist to traditional dishes is refreshing. Here's the table setting:


The dessert: liquified salted -egg in a pau. I dared not venture into this... Tea in a pot

I dunno what this is - but it's a sweet soup with veg, papaya and beancurd skin. Can't decide what to make of it - is it a starter, or a proper medium-weight dish? - but it tastes yum.


Duck carcass - the rest of the meat went into our salad.


Here's the duck salad, which I really enjoyed. It doesn't look like much, but it's super-tasty, with mango and cucumber slices. I could eat just this for a meal.



Clear vegetables....I can't decide what to call this, but it's veg - the expensive flower-kailan - boiled in clear water with nought else but some salt (I think). Served cold. The "ice-kacang" put everyone off, but I enjoyed this dish tremendously because it's so refreshing and "clean", like a fresh spring-day. Later I found out that some HK cafes serve this too.




0 comments: