No, Mel Gibson is a casino's big lemon.
Gateman sees name, garageman sees nametag.
Put Eliot's toilet up.
Sit on a potato pan, Otis.
Ten animals I slam in a net.
If you're lost by now, let me show you the way - palindromes. Those are examples of palindromes. A palindrome is a word, line, verse, number, sentence, etc., reading the same backward as forward. Here are some more examples: "Madam, I'm Adam" or "Poor Dan is in a droop." Wow, fun, huh? (just included 2 more palindromes!) I was intrigued when I read Chris Rice's blog. If you don't know Chris Rice, he's a singer/songwriter who writes most interesting songs and tunes which help you see familiar things in a new way. Cool guy with a good heart for God.
Palindromes can also be word by word, not just letter by letter: "Blessed are they that believe that they are blessed."
For those of you who turn up your noses at language, but prefer Mathematics, how about the 9 times-table? "09 18 27 36 45 54 63 72 81 90" or "I prefer pi."
Here are my favourites:
Literary: Draw, O Caesar! Erase a coward!
Historical: Able was I ere I saw Elba. (The great Napeoleon Bonaparte was defeated by Russia, Prussia, Britain and Sweden. He abdicated the throne and was banished to Elba. Check out http://www.carpenoctem.tv/military/napoleon.html)
Bo-liao: Do geese see God?
Inspiring: Are we not drawn onward, we few? Drawn onward to new era?
Self-help: Start simply, but simply start!
Best of the best: Yaweh. The way.
Always be full of joy in the Lord. Always be glad because of the Lord! Rejoice in the Lord always. Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him! I will say it again: REJOICE! (Philippians 4:4 - various versions)
Saturday, October 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment