Wednesday, March 05, 2008

God's eye view

Many times I wish for a bird's eye view to see things from a bigger perspective - too often I can't help whining & moaning, though I know that I don't really have much to complain about... But better than a bird's eye view is God's eye view.

Here are some insights while I was in Aussie:

I've always been fascinated by Morning Glories - they know just when to open up and when to close. Everyday they greet the Sun. I'd like to be as faithful greeting the Son too. This one's an XL-size one near a waterfall.


This tree looks weird, but it's because it's been suffocated by the curtain fig. When young the curtain fig is actually a little plant that is very weak, and has to latch on to stronger plants nearby for support (not too difficult since it grows in the lush rainforest). Once it gets a foothold, it quickly climbs upwards for sunlight and as it grows larger and stronger, its roots and branches spread out and eventually completely covers its host tree. This particular curtain fig is so successful that it's a famous must-see sight for tourists (even if you don't venture on this road trip, you can still catch it on postcards!).

What a warning against the many distractions in life (gaming, shopping, eating, work, family commitments, ministry commitments, etc)...


If only I could see everything and put them into the right perspective! Although things here look small to me, I know God knows everything, and knows them perfectly well. Thank God He's God and not me...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

for the fig tree one, i thought u were gonna draw parallels to john 15! hee

love seeing the pix uploaded, finally!! :D go join facebook leh!! ;p