I've been grumbling more and more lately. It's a habit (pastime?) that is becoming more and more entrenched. Why?
1. I'm Singaporean
2. I'm a civil servant
3. I'm a teacher (each lesson gives me potentially 40 things to complain about.)
What to do?
So here's my new creed - give thanks.
This is the cure to a grumbling spirit and a sad life. (The grumbling spirit is what led to a 40-year wandering in the desert, and a plague that killed thousands, after all.)
Give thanks - My new creed is to buck the trend. And to do this at the start and end of each day. And today, there are so many things to thank God for! A good night's rest, cool weather, getting to work on time (which is a greater and greater challenge as each day passes...), tasks done, problems miraculously ironed out at work, nice food, surviving the day.
And even duh! things to be thankful about, which I had scoffed at earlier - breakfast (how many ppl are starving in the world!), the ability to walk, a job.
Bucking the trend is good.
Always be full of joy in the Lord. Always be glad because of the Lord! Rejoice in the Lord always. Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him! I will say it again: REJOICE! (Philippians 4:4 - various versions)
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment