Lately the bus / MRT ads have caught my attention. Here's a bus ad by NEA (National Environment Agency). I first snapped the photo because I thought smugly that even the gahmen could make such a terrible grammatical mistake...it's only after taking the photo that I realised that "aluminium can" was one item....

And here's an MRT ad by NAFA (Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts) that gave me a wonderful inspiration. It's a bit blur, but the words say, "Articulate your passion. Free to express my art - proud to be myself - I'm a student at NAFA"
It struck me then that freedom & confidence to express one's art (and one's art is esentially a part of one's self, or an extension of the self) comes only with an acceptance and belief in who one is. Ie. I am able to express myself through my art without fear because I am happy with who I am; I know I am special.What about setting up an art school where the foundation module is "Loving and Accepting Myself"? Such potential to do inner healing, and put an end to destructive behaviours among the young..
0 comments:
Post a Comment