Ever since a student misused a dozen bombastic words in his essay (some of which I never even knew existed), the word "pusillanimous" got stuck in my head. Among the bombastic words, "pusillanimous"; "lassitude" and "obstreperous" were the only ones used correctly.
So for a whole weekend, I was unable to get "pusillanimous" out of my head. It has such a nice ring to it.
Pusillanimous
Puss-e-lenny-mous
PUSS-e-LENny-mous
nice..
The word means lacking courage; cowardly. For eg., "Stop being pusillanimous!"
I could shorten it to "Stop being pussy!" But here I'm misusing another word...
Always be full of joy in the Lord. Always be glad because of the Lord! Rejoice in the Lord always. Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him! I will say it again: REJOICE! (Philippians 4:4 - various versions)
Wednesday, February 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment