"In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33
I never noticed Jesus' use of tenses until now. "I HAVE overcome" – through the use of the present perfect tense, what He really meant was "I have ALREADY overcome!" Even before he struggled in prayer at Gethsemane, edured the taunting, whipping, crucifixion, or uttered His last words, "It is finished" – He knew the outcome. He was confident and assured of victory even before the "real battle" began.
But then, why shouldn't He be? The story was written and the victory assured when time began. And so is ours. Now shouldn't that change my prayers? No more begging, but claiming, no more seeking, but asking for revelation.
Always be full of joy in the Lord. Always be glad because of the Lord! Rejoice in the Lord always. Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him! I will say it again: REJOICE! (Philippians 4:4 - various versions)
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment