Monday, July 27, 2009

Back to Health

After a week spent nursing a cold, today was my first proper day of normal life. How wonderful it is to be able to just not feel a heavy head, or fiery joints, or to get tired doing simple chores. I went to buy my textbooks because my first lecture begins tomorrow.

My textbooks are thick, heavy and extremely academic-looking – serious stuff; they are over 15cm high (see the little ruler on the left), and the 3 books on top are my bonus of falling ill - the bookstore is now having a storewide 20% discount! With the savings, I was able to buy these 3 books. Yippee!

Then I had my first real meal in a whole week, at Secret Garden. I had the chicken parmigiana, which is breaded chicken fillet with everything dumped on top (spinach, onions and cheese in tomato sauce). came with beer-battered chips, just-nice (not too heavy) tasty mash, sweet and tender cabbage and carrot and salad. Everything was so yummy that I have to admit the worst part of the meal is the parmigiana itself!

During the meal, hubby showed off his true colours gained from paintballing over the weekend:

0 comments: