Saturday, July 04, 2009

Food Glorious Food!

The other day, I was dreaming of crispy prata with curry, and ya kun kaya toast with their super-kao kopi....*sigh* no way I can satisfy these cravings! My solution is not to look for the food that I miss in this ang-moh country. I fight back instead – look for other good food!

For example, hubby & I loved the risotto at Ramon's – none of that mushy, wet, salty mash in Singapore. It was full of flavours and oh-so-pleasant.

Today I just returned to Little Caesar's. Clockwise from top left: Acropolis (lovely fetta cheese & toms), Oyster Kilpatrick (who makes a comeback, because we loved it so much), Salt & Pepper Squid (we decided that its complex flavours, thanks to the Jap mayo, ranks it above the oyster) and White Rock's Roast (lamb with spuds...heavy but heartwarming)
And the food at a pub just down the road (The Last Drop Brewery) is so good that we ate everything there was on the plate. This is what's left of the T-bone - salad, beer-battered chips and steak were polished off:

But to be fair, some good asian food can also be found here:
Yong tau foo is tastier when there's pork in the soup!
Better-than-singapore Hainanese chicken rice, and char kway teow (no hum, of course)
Roast duck noodles. Yum yum, Hong Kong style, none of that Singapore style nonsense.
Ang moh food is even better than Singapore's!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, this is totally unfair. Ang mo Asian food here is totally gross and not better than Singapore. I am gonna have to get my kicks within the two weeks I am here. That and a dental appointment. Ha!