I must confess, I didn’t have regular bowel movements. But I wasn’t much bothered by it. In fact I was quite glad, coz I saved myself from much daily trouble. And when I travel, I don’t have to worry about irregular bowel movements. Well actually, my bowel movements were quite regular, you know – once every few days.
Ok ok, self-delusion aside, I was told that I’m drinking water in the wrong way. Which resulted in water-bloatedness in my stomach.
Determined to reduce my girth, I followed the well-meaning advice, drinking the same amount of water a day, but just in a different way.
Here are the changes I made to my water-drinking:
1. drink 2 cups of water 1st thing in the morning when I just wake up. Not any other time, but 1st thing in the morning, before consuming anything else.
2. drink the water s-l-o-w-l-y – not gulp it down!
3. and the water shouldn’t be overnight water – alternatively, drink warm water.
4. and drink – I mean, sip – the water BEFORE eating, not after.
And you know what, I immediately noticed I was having regular daily bowel movements. And after 2 weeks, it became a habit – yesterday I didn’t drink my usual 2 cups of warm water in the morning, and I didn’t get my time on the throne…. But hey, at night, I did it! Haha, I was so happy. My bowel’s just getting into the swing of things, and functioning the way it should.
It all started with vanity, but I had health benefits instead.
And yes, my girth is slightly reduced.
Now, imagine if I were to drink from living waters everyday! The right amount, the right way....
it would become natural to be supernatural....
Always be full of joy in the Lord. Always be glad because of the Lord! Rejoice in the Lord always. Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him! I will say it again: REJOICE! (Philippians 4:4 - various versions)
Friday, October 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment