How privileged I am to be born in such a time as this – the age of the Spirit! In the Old Testament (OT) times, the Holy Spirit's visit to the world of men and women were occasional and at special times, to provide people with temporary power for certain tasks. Check this out:-
OT times: God for us (God delivered His people), God dwelt in a holy Temple
NT times: God with us (Jesus came to us), God dwelt in a holy Person
NOW: God in us (Holy Spirit deposited in us), God dwells in us to make us holy.
How much closer to us can God get? He’s already IN US! The fullness of the Spirit is finally here – it could not come until the work of salvation had been completed through the crucifixion, resurrection and ascension. Jesus said to His disciples, “Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you, but if I go, I will send him to you.” (John 16:7b)
So what are we waiting for? Live in accordance with the Holy Spirit NOW! We’re created to be like God – we’re not whole persons if we’re not thinking as He thinks, feeling as He feels, or working as He works. How to be like God? I like how Selwyn Hughes puts it – in fact, I’ve been quoting him throughout this entry – be “possessed by the Holy Spirit”. Just like how we hear of people being possessed by demons & scary stuff, except that we ought to be possessed by the Holy Spirit (aka the Spirit of Jesus).
Lord, Jesus Christ, I am not afraid of being made like You; I am afraid I will not be like You. If I am not like You, then I am not really living. When I am like You then I am living life abundantly.
What’s abundant life? It means I don’t have to try to build a $1 million house with only my $500,000 resources. But God will give me another $500,000 resources on top of my $500,000, to build a $2 million house – or $3 million? $5 million? $10 million? (How far would you dare to go?) Dream on…. He is able to do immeasurable MORE than ALL we can ask or imagine, according to HIS POWER that is at work within us. (Ephesians 3:20)
Are you possessed by the Holy Spirit yet?
Always be full of joy in the Lord. Always be glad because of the Lord! Rejoice in the Lord always. Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him! I will say it again: REJOICE! (Philippians 4:4 - various versions)
Monday, October 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment