Been a hectic but fulfilling week. Attended a camp last week, but as a mentor. It was my 1st time being one of the committee members, so I was quite nervous and apprehensive, wondering if I’d do a good job of loving the people by demonstrating God’s love. The 1st day of the camp, I asked God, What am I doing here? I’m not like the others, who have the experience and ability. I’m not qualified…. And He said, “Of course you are. You’re here because I’ve qualified you. You wouldn’t be able to serve here if I hadn’t shown you how much I love you, if I hadn’t set you free from your worries & hang-ups.”
And then I realised that I am God’s testimony. Every event in my life, every work that He has done in me, has made me a little bit more free, a little bit more patient, a little bit more joyful – a little bit more like Him. Every single thing that I’ve been through was engineered by Him, SO THAT I am able to serve. Not because of my ability or experience or qualifications, but because He enabled me. Whoa…
This week during the E-L course, we were given the time (aka commanded) to go seek God (who’s always seeking us) & to allow ourselves to be sought out by Him – something that I haven’t been doing ie. Something I haven’t been doing with ALL my heart. And it’s amazing how God has so many ways of telling us the same thing. And He told me how my whole life has been in His hands all along, thru my school mottos. My pri sch motto: Do our best. Sec sch: With constancy and purpose. JC: For college for nation. And God put them all together for me, like fixing a jigsaw puzzle (puzzle to me, not to Him!)
What to do in life? Do our best (when? How?) with constancy and purpose (what the purpose of all this?) for college (micro-level), for nation (macro-level).
It’s like God was telling me what my motto in life shd b:
Do your best with constancy and purpose for yourself, and for God’s glory.
It’s amazing what God can do in one person’s life. It’s amazing how much revelation one can receive when one allows Him to seek him. There’s only 1 thing left to say – Praise God!
Next issue: CSL’s one-liners
Always be full of joy in the Lord. Always be glad because of the Lord! Rejoice in the Lord always. Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him! I will say it again: REJOICE! (Philippians 4:4 - various versions)
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment