18 Aug (Fri)
cell group day…. Arrived late coz I was in office writing out my sermon. My colleague saw me working hard (harder than usual?) & asked what I wasn’t yet leaving.
“I’m going for cell group later.”
“You have cell every Friday? What a bummer.”
“Oh,” I flashed him a big bright smile. (Though in my heart of hearts, I was far from bright.) “Wait till you hear how I spend my weekend.”
After so many years, I still feel sore about giving up my time for church activities. Correction from God:
1. It’s not my time! It’s a gift from God. And I’m to be a good steward, using it for what counts for eternity.
2. I don’t just go for church activities. I’m going to meet God, encourage my brothers & sisters in Christ, bless them, bless God, hear the word of God & be strengthened.
3. And most of all, it’s a privilege & honour to know God. I mean, I have freedom! I have every spiritual blessing! What more could I ask for…. Well actually, lots more - the world to be saved, for example.
Always be full of joy in the Lord. Always be glad because of the Lord! Rejoice in the Lord always. Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him! I will say it again: REJOICE! (Philippians 4:4 - various versions)
Monday, August 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment