Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Happy Teacher's Day!

Would have posted this much earlier if (1) I had the time, (2) my home PC didn’t konk out & (3) if I had the energy.

Yes – Happy Teacher’s Day to me!!! Haha, so egoistic. Well felt a bit out of place without the usual teacher’s day celebration, but HQ threw one for us. My favourite performance was the little childcare-centre kids doing dikir barat. So cute!!! If MCYS filmed the whole thing as a have-children! ad, I’m sure it would work. The kids captured every heart in the edutorium.

Anyway, what really touched me – more than the little kids, HQ’s flower & card, colleagues’ cards & chocoloates & biscuits – was a call from my former-form class. Here’s how the conversation went:
“Halo?”
Halo?
“Miss Chiang ah?”
Yes
“Happy Teacher’s Day!”
Thank you. Who is this?
<>
Thank you thank you
“You wait ah – "
<>

Yeah, so thank you, 2E5…. Really touched that you guys remembered & bothered to call. Don’t remember every person I talked to, and couldn’t catch some of your names, coz you were all so shy…. But it was really sweet of you all! Miss you all, actually.

You all stardee hard & tell me your good results end of this year & after ‘O’ Levels hor!

0 comments: