Saturday, April 07, 2007

Up and Down - up and down

Up and Down - up and down....don't you just love swings... I've always loved going on the playground swings when I was a kid. Well even now, my fascination with swings is still as strong as ever. The feeling of going higher and higher, having the wind in your hair, the feeling of flying, the sense of freedom, that nothing can touch you at all because you're travelling at such height and speed... that heady feeling of giddiness after a while is exhilirating, and the moments when you stop, it's pure joy just "coming back to earth".

How I pity the kids nowadays who don't have any swings to play on in these awful plastic infant playgrounds which are so safe. Swings are fast becoming an antique. You know those simple ones made of half a tyre and two metal chains? I take pride knowing that few can swing as high as I can.

But I sure don't take pride in my swinging faith. Here I go again - Up and Down - up and down... at times I believe I'm made for a purpose, and God will see me through so that I will accomplish it, that I will speak to nations, and set the captives free. Other times I wonder what good I'm doing wherever I am, and think that God can - for others, but not for me, coz why bother with someone who doesn't make a difference? Up and Down - up and down...

It's time to "come back to earth" - for after all, he did make a wretch His treasure, crucified the Darling of Heaven to redeem his darling daughter. And in spite of the ups and downs, my swing is still resting on a rod, steady and unchanging, anchored to the ground. Thanks be to God who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of Him.

0 comments: