Saturday, May 26, 2007

Budak Pantai @ The Blue Moo

i FINALLY caught Budak Pantai at The Blue Moo cafe!
What a stroke of luck that their performance date coincided with a free Fri nite, so off Ma & I jetted to YMCA Orchard, to join this long q to the rooftop cafe. It was a harrowing experience wondering whether my ticket-booking was successful, realising that the cafe doesn't operate until 1 hour before they have any performance at all, queueing to get there in a stuffy stairwell, getting our drinks & snacks and finding seats. Ma is so sMArt to get us seats and wait out the q!





OK now to the guys (they're the only guys I'm allowed to admire). I got to hear their tribute to baking, Unbreak My Heart (BP version) Yi Bei Cha (my 1st fav BP song) and All Rice (can you imagine the acoustics in Esplanade was so bad, I couldn't catch the lyrics? But on a rooftop, I could?) It's a wonder what our voices can do - God has already given us the best musical instruments, w/o us having to make any. BP did electric guit, drums, metronome, keyboard - the works.


Bonus! They debut-ed (spelling?) a Jamacan song and WHY (or is it the same song?). WHY was hilarious - why do men have nipples if it ain't got milk??!! And while they were singing a love song, there were fireworks at the esplanade - so pretty :)

Wish i'd brought my camera to snap a pic of (and with!) them. That's them at an earlier performance, only diff is that they were wearing different clothes and Gordan has no hair now. I always thot the guitarist/vocal percussionist had the most boring job - but he's the brains behind BP as the musical director. Just shows you, God uses each of us differently, but no less importantly.

Wonderful nite - hope to do it again, will definitely go for their concert late this year!

0 comments: