Thursday, January 31, 2008

Good Service

You know how Singaporeans always complain about the service provided here (especially the civil service)? Well, service can be quite prompt. Check out my email correspondence with Singapore Press Holdings below (names with-held to protect privacy):

24/01/2008 11:03

Dear Sir,

I applied for 1-year subscription to ST to be delivered to my flat. Since the day I applied (10 Jan 2008), SPH has efficiently billed me the full cost for a year's subscription and delivery ($264.00) and sent me the receipt. However I have yet to receive any copies of ST although the start date for my subscription is 14 Jan 08.

If SPH is, for some reason, unable to deliver the newspapers, I would appreciate a notification and a complete refund.

Thanks and regards,
Ms xxx

************************
Thu, 24 Jan 2008 15:24

Dear Ms xxx,

Thank you for your email.

We regret to learn of the non-delivery and have taken up the matter with the vendor in charge. We have reminded the vendor to start delivery from tomorrow onwards and will also arrange to extend your subscription accordingly to make up for the issues you did not receive.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused.Should you have any enquiries, please do not hesitate to call our customer service officers at 6388 3838, or email us at circs@sph.com.sg

Warmest Regards,
Ms yyy
Customer Service Officer
Circulation Department
Singapore Press Holdings Limited

************************

Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:55

Dear Ms yyy,

I received the newspapers yesterday (25 Jan). Thank you for your prompt action. I look forward to receiving them til 24 Jan 08 (last day).

Thanks and regards,
xxx

***********************

Mon, 28 Jan 2008 15:22

Dear Ms yyy,

It seems that I had extended my thanks too early. While I have received weekday copies of ST, I did not get the weekend copies on Saturday and Sunday. This is very mysterious, given that only the Sunday Times is charged and sold differently. Please sort this out with your vendor and extend my subscription till 26 Jan 09. I hope there will be no further glitches in delivery.

Thank you
xxx

***********************************
On the same day, I received a call from SPH to say that they're lodging a complaint against the vendor concerned. Poor guy. Story to be continued....I hope it's not long...

0 comments: