Saturday, April 26, 2008

Finding joy in the mundane

This picture is the first thing that greets me when I step out of my British Council classroom every Monday. It never fails to put a smile on my face – such a sweet, simple, whimsical picture.

Spilled water on the kitchen counter becomes art. So pretty, don't you think?



Passed by a really nostalgic place this week. I attended nursery and kindergarten at Toa Payoh Methodist Church (because my dad wanted me to learn English, not Chinese at some downstairs PCF). I still remember queuing up outside the canteen for our milo and bread/biscuits; music lessons in the room where we touched our heads and shoulders, knees and toes; performing a silly construction-worker-dance for my graduation; bullying an Indian classmate during Chinese lessons; and playing with the alphabet-magnets on the fridge outside the Principal’s room. *sigh* When I went there about 2 years ago to attend a wedding, everything looked pretty much the same, and I was surprised at how much I could remember. Hope its renovation doesn’t change it too much.

This box of sweets I bought is called Warheads Juniors - Extreme Sour. Very pretty, but still can't beat Super Lemon. Those were the days....they don't make them like they used to, huh.
(I think that's enough nostalgia for one post)
One day, a neighbour dumped a car seat. Perhaps his child has outgrown it, and they don't need it anymore. But guess who took a fancy to it? This celebrity made a humble guest appearance a day after the car seat appeared.
Hello, Kitty!


Both hubby and I are busy, busy, young working adults. Housework is mainly done only in the weekends. In the meantime, the week’s mess is stashed away somewhere – anywhere convenient which won’t get in the way – until the next housework-day. Well, this photo will tell you how many people live in our house. I was quite amused at the sight, and couldn’t resist taking a photo.



1 comments:

Lynette Loh said...

hey i've got a colleague attending toa payoh methodist church. it's under reno now. =)