After spending 3 years trying to convince Dad that No Signboard seafood restaurant has the best chilli crab, he finally agreed - but only after he ate it during a company lunch. So for mom's birthday treat on Labour Day, off we went to No Signboard at Vivocity.
The cold dish was lobster - fresh and sweet. yum yum.

This was followed by the in-house tofu which they made themselves (so says the menu). If the tofu was special, I couldn't tell because of the fragrant miced-meat sauce on top. It was crunchy, so I suspect there was lard added to the sauce.

Cereal prawns were very well done. I loved the crispy cereal. Pity the prawns weren't fresh, though. They tasted grey.

And the star of the show - CHILLI CRAB....

Their chilli crab is never complete without the mantou. Smother the in-house mantou with the roe-filled gravy, and.....well, let's just say it's worth the calories! We ordered two plates of mantou in total. I ate the most.


Dessert was mango, sweet and refreshing. Lovely presentation too.

No Signboard's take on the esplanade - wonder why they call it the Durian when it's clearly a mango?

Talking about durians, hubby's sister bought durians and we all ate. yummy, yellow, dry and fragrant.

0 comments:
Post a Comment