Sunday, September 28, 2008

To market, to market


I love going to markets. Wet markets, supermarkets, and second-hand markets have a way of reviving the soul. My favourite is always the market in the heartlands, because it is so down-to-earth, unpretentious, and, well...simple. Even when I was in Birmingham, I enjoyed going to the outdoor rag market and the indoor market too. Check out the Bull Ring markets that I used to go to:

(above) The rag market situated outdoors. Great bargains all round, whether it's the second-hand clothes stores, or fruits/vegetables stores

(above) The indoor market, which is just as exciting as well, with a greater variety of goods. This sells meat, hardware, nuts, accessories, etc etc not found in the outdoor market.

It was in the Bull Ring markets that I learnt that cucumbers are called CUES and tomatoes are called TOMS.

I wonder why they don't sell CARS and POTS, which are staples in the British diet?

0 comments: