Saturday, November 08, 2008

Thank You, SPH

I'm begninning to think that I miss my old friend, SPH (Singapore Press Holdings). We had quite a few exchanges between us, this old friend and I. Although they say that virtual communication through phone and internet cannot forge close ties, I beg to differ. I think I've become quite well acquainted with SPH... see our history here.

This was our last email exchange:

To: “CirCS”
Subject: Thank You Very Much (Account No. xxx)
Date: Friday, 31 Oct 2008

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to thank you for sending complimentary copies of the Straits Times.

I had cancelled my subscription of Straits Times in Sept this year. I suppose that after making 4 calls to ensure that I am no longer receiving any Straits Times, you took pity on me and started giving complimentary copies this week (Monday to Friday).

Many thanks again.

Regards,
xxx


Since this email, our newspaper deliveries have stopped completely, and I haven't even heard from them! I am pretty sure there will be no more communication with them!

0 comments: