Last week, I spied some pork bones in the supermarket while getting some meat for making soup. And the bones are the cheapest part of the pig on that shelf. So I got them and some meat. Threw them in a pot with whatever carrots and onions were remaining in the kitchen, and boiled them for ages.
Always be full of joy in the Lord. Always be glad because of the Lord! Rejoice in the Lord always. Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him! I will say it again: REJOICE! (Philippians 4:4 - various versions)
Friday, December 05, 2008
What's in my ice tray?
This is not weird ice, but painkstakingly-simmered soup stock.
It's been something I'd wanted to do since last year. It also makes perfect sense - make soup stock when you're free, freeze it and then use it when you're not free to make good soup. That's good soup in an instant! Say bye-bye to Maggi...
Last week, I spied some pork bones in the supermarket while getting some meat for making soup. And the bones are the cheapest part of the pig on that shelf. So I got them and some meat. Threw them in a pot with whatever carrots and onions were remaining in the kitchen, and boiled them for ages.
Last week, I spied some pork bones in the supermarket while getting some meat for making soup. And the bones are the cheapest part of the pig on that shelf. So I got them and some meat. Threw them in a pot with whatever carrots and onions were remaining in the kitchen, and boiled them for ages.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment