Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Great Aussie Sights

Some interesting sights from Perth. This post is a bit random because they're a collection of photos I took...If the pictures are stretched out of proportion, it's because I don't have a photo-editing software... #!$%*! Windows Vista....

I had this ham-cheese-tomato muffin & flat white the day my car battery ran out. Since I was at the shops to add value to my phone, I might as well have a good break, right?

On Sunday, I ordered Beef Rendang for lunch at a "Chinese" eatery near church. What a surreal experience it was, eating the Malay dish with chopsticks!

Leaving the eatery, I was delighted to see Simpson-clouds. Not just because it had been cloudy and rainy the past few days, but also because I didn't think such puffy white clouds existed outside of Simpson cartoons and kids' drawings.

I visited a local primary school, which has children of all types of cultures. African, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean - I forget many others. The welcome sign in the school says it all:

The same primary school has a hopscotch like what I played when I was a kid! It is always so hard to draw a perfectly circular one with chalk. This version is great fun - you get dizzy hopping around (literally!) Lucky kids...

I never tire of shopping in supermarkets. 2 more reasons to shop in them:
(1) Great value offered there. Check out these special-value tomatoes:
(2) Weird stuff - I've never seen long watermelons, have you?

Well, besides supermarket shopping, window shopping proved to be quite interesting too. I'll bet Chelsea will be immensely pleased with the shop she set up without even having come here!

0 comments: