This year
On Tue, I sat in a Geography lesson where the teacher Miss W explained the difference between the Southeast Asian monsoon rain and the Australian cold front rain (which I didn’t understand, unlike the 14 year olds around me). When Miss W ended the lesson, she said. “Next week we’re expecting the cold front, so watch out for the rain tomorrow.”
It didn’t come.
I heaved a sigh of relief at the warm weather (5 degrees warmer than usual) and gladly ditched my coat when I came to school the next day. Miss W commented that it was so sad it didn’t rain – she was just telling her Year 9s to watch out for it, and it was so hot! “And I love it!” I whispered to her.
Then she explained how in Singapore, you get rain the whole year round, but in Australia, you only get rain in a few months, and the rest of the year, it’s dry. The trees outside are dying, we’re having a terrible drought. So the cold front had better come soon!
Oops…. Sorry….last night it rained. Early at dawn today, it rained. When I came to school this morning, it rained. Good. Rain more. End the drought. I shall suffer in silence and bury myself in layers of fleece.
0 comments:
Post a Comment