Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happiest teacher in the world

Last Monday I told my friends...."Tonight I'm the happiest teacher in the world!" Had the opportunity that night to chat with a few of my ex-students (ex-form class), ask how they're doing, how they did for their exams. And wow...so glad to hear that they all did well. Yeah, my studious kids are going to the best classes, as expected. Still, I was glad. My ok-kids are also going to good classes! And surprise surprise, my at-risk kids didn't do badly.

In fact, 2 of the boys I was most worried about made it to the best classes! I nearly couldn't believe it. ("Really?! Don't bluff lah....") I'm so happy for them - not just for their academic success, but for the fact that they decided to make good their time in school, and to channel their energies in the right direction. Even those at-risk kids who didn't get to the best classes showed improvements in their results. Wow....writing more than a week later, I'm still quite amazed.

Still remember the time when I prayed for my class weekly, and many times I just wondered why in the world I was still praying for them when I couldn't see any "results". One year later, I'm glad I continued labouring - God is faithful and answers all our prayers. And those at-risk kids I really prayed hard for? Like I said, 2 of them went to the best classes (I'm so proud of you, CH and D!), the other 2 made good improvements (keep it up, JH & BG).... Yes, so proud of my class.... btw, your class photo is on my office table :)

CH - I'm sure your form teacher's decision to make you the class monitor got you serious about doing well at school.

0 comments: