Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A Family Affair


They always say that a wedding is not just a two-people affair, so if your family insists on doing nonsensical things, you'd better listen and obey (whether it's buying the biggest roast pig in the market, buying dragon/phoenix candles, or buying expensive jewellery that you'll never use for the rest of your life).


But irks aside, it's been a wonderful family affair so far. As I drew up my guest list and called people to invite them, I remember the times we had together - working/playing together as colleagues, or studying/playing together as friends, or praying/playing together as a spiritual family. Thank God for putting these people in my life, for they have blessed me much! Makes me a bit nostalgic, yet there's a touch of regret that our busy lives don't allow us more chances to catch up and maintain these friendships. So a wedding is one of the ways to stay in touch (not so much on the actual day, because I'm sure I'd be too busy, but as I call and chat).


Of course, it's also a bonus when friends and family offer to help and take another load off my shoulders.

Dear family, dear friends.

0 comments: