In the midst of busy-ness and a tight schedule, I paused to pray – not for myself, but for ministry in my marketplace. Not very convenient, but a very wise thing to do. God’s presence was simply so real. My spirit was lifted up, I was connected with fellow warriors, and my “problems” paled in comparison to His greatness and truth. God was glorified.
How true His word is:
“Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”
Psalm 46:10
When one pauses for a moment while the whole world is spinning, one's soul will recognize that God is a God who reigns over all. And then He will be glorified.
The wonders of unity with fellow believers! God truly has a heart for the marketplace ministry.
In the psalms, 'selah' is an instruction to pause and reflect.
Always be full of joy in the Lord. Always be glad because of the Lord! Rejoice in the Lord always. Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him! I will say it again: REJOICE! (Philippians 4:4 - various versions)
Friday, April 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment