At $68, the seasonal set dinner was too pricy, so we had ala carte instead. Here are photos of our food:
The sashimi platter for two:

The Japanese-satay (I forget what the proper name is) in various styles:

The ultra tender unagi:

I suppose it isn’t amazing that the beef was tender and the fish fresh. But because 95% of the Singaporean food isn’t, it appears rare that these minimum standards are actually met at all.
Well I thought that if there's one thing us Singaporeans can beat the Japs in, it must be weird English (read: Singlish). But I've been proven wrong again! I bought a set of gel-décals from Daiso, and was severely amused by the Japlish instructions found on the packaging. Check out the instructions below (My own comments are bold italics):
-The commodity is for the decoration.
-It is for seven years old or more.
-Please peel off politely and slowly when the commodity is taken out of the package and when the pasted commodity is peeled off, so as not to cut. This gel cuts?
-Please use it for the glass and the mirror. Please use it by the material that doesn’t absorb oil. (Frosted glass is improper.) Note to self: if I ever have frosted glass at home, I’ll need to teach it to be polite and proper like the Japs!
-It is likely to be able to take it by the color and oil’s adhering. Please use the material after it confirms and it understands. ???!!! Oh dear, the commodity must agree to the terms & conditions of usage?!
-Please do not use it for the joint, on the human body, the tile of the wood manufacture, the paper product, the plastics product, the fabric product, leather goods, the marble, frosted glass, the modular bath, the wall and the unglazed pottery. Perhaps all these materials are impolite like the frosted glass?
-Please do not use in the place that becomes in close contact, in the car, and the fire at which direct sunshine warms oneself 40 degrees, or more. It transforms, and it begins to melt. More than meets the eye, huh?
-Please do not use it near the thing of the curtain and Irouts to do easily. Irouts?... Huh?...
-Please note that the commodity does contact Irouts.
-The smell of the commodity is the one on the characteristic. !!!
-It doesn’t adhere when dust and dirt adhere. Please use it after cleaning pasted respect. Ok, now I’m really lost...
-Please wash in clean water or lukewarm water, and take the water when the commodity is dirty. Oh dear, is the commodity enriched with 10 vitamins and minerals too?


0 comments:
Post a Comment